- Where are these earthquake epicenters located in relation to plate boundaries?
- Where do you predict earthquakes will happen in the future? Why?
- Where do you think people are relatively safe from earthquakes? Why?
- Why is a map showing locations of past earthquakes useful to scientists?
2) Map the largest 20 earthquakes by magnitude on your map using the list on this webpage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_earthquakes
3) Research one of the 20 largest earthquakes, and write a paragraph about that earthquake on the second page below the table of earthquakes. Include when it happened, what the extent of the destruction was, how many fatalities there were, etc.
If you have any questions about the locations of the earthquakes feel free to ask questions in the comments section below.